Dog Veterinarians Who Really Care
At Salish Veterinary Hospital, our approach to canine veterinary medicine revolves around a comprehensive, competent, and compassionate care program, aimed at ensuring the highest quality of life for your dog.
A Comprehensive Approach To Canine Veterinary Medicine
We understand that a dog veterinarian is only as good as his or her ability to successfully prevent, diagnose, and treat whatever ailment a dog may be facing. Equally as important is our ability to listen and communicate well with owners to make sure they understand their dog's health concerns and how to make the best choices for their dog. This is why our dog hospital is capable of handling any procedure, including preventive care, medical diagnosis, and emergency surgery.
We specialize in the following dog health services for dogs of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Allergy testing: While not usually life-threatening, allergies in dogs do cause discomfort and should be treated. Our expertise means diagnosing and treating your dog's skin conditions before they become something more than skin deep. We offer blood tests as well as referrals for intradermal testing to better define your dog's specific allergies. We work with a dermatologist to provide the best treatment through immunotherapy and nutrition.
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your dog stays as safe as possible while under anesthesia
- Bathing and hygiene: Responsible dog ownership starts with a good bathing and hygiene regimen
- Behavior services: Your dog's behavior is not completely genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Boarding: We can ensure that your dog is well taken care of while you are away
- Cancer treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your dog. We provide testing and coordinate with an oncologist to provide supportive care.
- Cardiology: Our first-rate facilities, equipment, and professional knowledge allows us to get to the heart of your dog's health and wellness matters
- Dental care: Our knowledge and dental experience help us prevent and treat your dog's dental conditions, including periodontal disease
- Diagnostic imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease, and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment. Diagnostic imaging through digital radiology and quickscan ultrasound allows our veterinarians to diagnose illness, disease, and other problems in order to prescribe the proper treatment. We also work with Radiologist to provide interpretation/consultation and full ultrasound imaging when needed.
- Flea & Tick/Heartworm Prevention: We employ various safe and effective flea & tick prevention and treatment methods for your dog's health and comfort. We specialize in heartworm education and medical prevention, as well as treatment for your dog.
- Grooming: We can ensure that your dog's grooming is perfectly matched to his or her lifestyle
- Laboratory tests: Our in-house laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics or treatment for your dog
- Microchip ID: Our professional microchip ID services can help identify your dog in case he or she ever gets lost, stolen, or separated from you
- Nutrition: Our nutrition education, awareness, and dietary intervention programs can help ensure your dog stays healthy and fit
- Pain management: We specialize in customized, effective, and compassionate pain management for your dog regardless of age, ability or condition
- Parasite prevention and treatment: Prevention and early detection are paramount to survival for some types of parasitic infections
- Pregnancy: Our extensive experience can help your dog have a successful pregnancy, as well as a happy, healthy litter of puppies
- Preventive care: Our comprehensive preventive care program helps you make sure your dog remains healthy and well year-round
- Puppy care: We will partner with you to make sure your puppy has the best care and you have all the information we need to care for your new family member
- Senior care: Our comprehensive senior care protocols and procedures helps you to help your dog age gracefully, healthily, and happily
- Semi-annual wellness exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams are key to staying on top of chronic health issues and getting ahead of problems that may be developing
- Spay or neuter: Our refined pre surgical, surgical and post-op care will provide your dog with the safest and most comfortable surgical procedure
- Surgery: Our facilities, expert surgeons, and technicians will make sure your dog is cared for before, during, and after surgery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians and techs will customize vaccination protocols that account for your dog's age, medical history, environment, travel habits, and lifestyle
An Emphasis On Dog Nutrition
Whether your dog is a puppy, adolescent, adult, or senior, each stage of his or her life comes with some special nutritional considerations.
Our veterinarians are here to help you understand your dog's nutritional needs, including:
- The best canned or kibble diet for the breed, age and activity level
- Items ok to add to your dog's food, for example, some cooked veggies
- Healthy dog snacks
- What to avoid feeding your dog
We can also help create a custom dog nutrition program taking into consideration things like breed, age, size, physical fitness, allergies, and medical conditions. As with humans, proper dog nutrition can be both preventive and sometimes curative, as a balanced diet is essential for both supporting and maintaining optimal health. Of course, your dog cannot choose his or her own diet, and therefore the burden of making good health choices is on you. Understanding the nutritional needs of your dog is an important part of your responsibility to ensure that he or she enjoys a healthy and happy life for many years to come.
Dog Surgery Options When Necessary
An important aspect of operating a dog hospital is being fully equipped and prepared to perform dog surgery for all kinds of situations. We realize that no one wants to think about their dog needing surgery. However, if such an unfortunate situation arises, rest assured that Salish Veterinary Hospital is well prepared to guide you and your dog through:
- Pre-surgery protocols
- Surgical procedures
- Post-op pain management and nursing care
A Commitment To Quality And Empathy In Veterinary Care For Dogs
Our veterinarians, technicians, assistants, and front staff work together to provide both you and your dog with a compassionate and professional experience. From the initial phone call, it is our goal to make sure you feel that your concerns are addressed, you are well informed, and that your dog receives the best care possible.